Hi,
ILE now provides for calling a java class in a manner similar calling other
procedures, which is way cool.

However, my worry is that developers can now plunge into using the wealth of
java classes available without being properly aware of the impact.
I'm trying to get a handle on how this compares to other techniques for running
a java class.

All java classes must use the JVM to run but where does it run for RPGLE?
I have seen that OS400 can automatically start a separate server job to run
java classes in the same subsystem but does this occur from RPGLE or is a JVM
started just for the session that calls the RPGLE?
If the JVM is session related then does (or can) it persist for the session to
avoid the startup overhead and if so are cleanup routines necessary?
Is it the same for interactive, batch and batch interactive?
Are there potential problems with CPU usage or memory requirements?

Peter
This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. If it is not
addressed to you, you are on notice of its status. Please immediately contact
us at our cost and destroy it. Please do not use, disclose, copy, distribute or
retain any of it without our authority - to do so could be a breach of
confidence. Thank you for your co-operation. If you need assistance, please
contact Baycorp Advantage on either :-
Australia 133124 or New Zealand +64 9 356 5800

All addresses for personnel are in the format of
'firstname.lastname@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx' and any service addresses will be
based on the format in these examples :-

assistonline.nz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
collections.nz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
customerservice.nz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sales.nz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
communications.nz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
businessdata@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
invest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
marketingsolutions@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jobs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Please update your contact details accordingly.

Thank-You!