From: sublime78ska@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:sublime78ska@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 3:21 PM
To: rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Stored Procedure performance

Matt wrote:
>Phil,
>
>Are you doing a disconnect from AS400B after every call to the stored procedure
>perhaps? Doing this will cause the communications job to end on AS400B.
>
>I think I would start by looking to see how long the section of code that calls
>the stored procedure is taking to execute. I'd look at the numbers on both
>AS400A  and AS400B so you can get some sense of the how much network latency is
>adding to the delay.
>
>Matt
--------

There is only 1 connect and no disconnects, and the same QRWT job is used.  And
the files on the remote system never close.  So I guess it's the network.  There
is very little data being transmitted - much less than with two ddm files - so I
still think I've missed something.  I've scoured the db2 for iSeries SQL manuals
but found nothing related to performance of stored procedure calls.

Phil