From: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Date: Wednesday, February 26, 2003 13:26:55
To: RPG programming on the AS400 / iSeries
Subject: Re: calculate the difference between two time stamps in hh:mm:ss

Doc and Mark

Thanks for the replies. I tried %diff and subdur, - (%diff was one of my
examples) but they will give me the hours, minutes OR seconds, but not all
three at once.

I was hoping that by specifying a time data field as the result would give
me what I wanted, but my thinking was wrong that a valid 'time' is not the
same thing as a timed duration.

I hoped i wouldn't have to go thru the gyrations of calculating the
hh:mm:ss from the *seconds, but it looks like i'll have to.

Thanks anyway,

Rick