I'm getting a new error that I've never seen before. At the end of my compile I get the following errors:

*RNF7421 30 2198 175400 Operands are not compatible with the type of operator.
*RNF7421 30 2211 176700 Operands are not compatible with the type of operator.
*RNF7421 30 2212 176800 Operands are not compatible with the type of operator.

The statements referred to (2198, 2211, & 2212) are parms in a CallP that look like this (I remove some blank spaces to hopefully keep the lines from wrapping. This is from the compile listing.):

2197 C                   CallP              GetDtlCntDta(ITNBR:  +
2198 C                                     (error-->)    PIDATE: +
2199 C                                                   SLTNC:  +
2200 C                                                   SLTCS:  +
2201 C                                                   SLTUN:  +
2202 C                                                   SLTWT:  +
2203 C                                                   EXCNC:  +
2204 C                                                   EXCCS:  +
2205 C                                                   EXCUN:  +
2206 C                                                   EXCWT:  +
2207 C                                                   RCTNC:  +
2208 C                                                   RCTCS:  +
2209 C                                                   RCTUN:  +
2210 C                                                   RCTWT:  +
2211 C                                     (error-->)    ExcDsc: +
2212 C                                     (error-->)    RctDsc)

The Fields PIDATE, ExcDsc, and RctDsc are those with errors. Their D specs follow:

139 D EXCDSC S 225A 143 D PIDATE S D DATFMT(*ISO)INZ(D'9999-12-31')
144 D RCTDSC S 225A

The service program prototype that was copied in looks like this:

580+D GetDtlCntDta    PR
581+D  ITNBR                         6A   Const
582+D  PIDATE                         D   Const
583+D   SCNTN                        3P 0
584+D   SCNTC                        5P 0
585+D   SCNTU                        3P 0
586+D   SCNTW                        7P 2
587+D   ECNTN                        3P 0
588+D   ECNTC                        5P 0
589+D   ECNTU                        3P 0
590+D   ECNTW                        7P 2
591+D   RCNTN                        3P 0
592+D   RCNTC                        5P 0
593+D   RCNTU                        3P 0
594+D   RCNTW                        7P 2
595+D   ExcDesc                    225A
596+D   RctDesc                    225A

I have another program that compiles successfully, but not this one. The error doesn't sound like a parm mismatch, it seems more like an incorrect compile option, but I don't see it. I've tried it without the Const in there as well, with no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily
the opinion of my company.  Unless I say so.