Booth Martin wrote:
Jon, what is the actual horsepower needed to run Eclipse?

I am still astounded that programming shop managers think that 512 RAM is
too expensive. I just bought a 512 stick last week for $39 (after a $20
rebate). How can a shop give free coffee and then complain that $39 is too
much money?
It's not the $39 bucks for one guy doing a quickie upgrade on his PC... it's the $39 bucks for all the machines
+ the time for the IT guys to do the upgrade
+ the time=money to install the new software
+ plus the time=money to learn how to actually use the stuff
+ the time=money to integrate Eclipse into the development process

Nothing against Eclipse-- I think it's an amazing tool. But getting developers to shift from a their current devleopment tool to a new tool takes a ton of effort. I remember being on a project where we shifted our Windows development for our client to MS V++ 5.0 to MS V++ 6.0. Sounds easy huh? Familiar tool, familiar coding, etc. It took three months. Nothing's ever easy.

-Doc