> From: Buck Calabro
>
> Please
> do not take offence when I say that no flavour of RPG is rocket science.

I agree with Buck, Doc.  There's really not much difference.  Just be
careful of a couple of things:

1. I still gripe about the loss of the MOVE opcode.  If you have old code
like good old BPCS that did alot of numeric<->alpha moves, you'll find that
a complete conversion to free-form is going to take a little extra work.

2. Some BIFs don't work exactly like their fixed-field counterparts (DIV and
REM are good examples).

There are probably a few other issues like this.  But beyond those caveats
it's not that big a move.

Take this with a grain of salt; I still don't use /FREE primarily because I
didn't get to V5R1 'til a week ago.  I also support back clients, and
frankly there's just not that much out there yet.  So I'm not a great
subject-matter expert.

Joe