>1.  I have people who are very "anti" that continue to
>    state that "free-format RPG" is buggy.  I cannot
>    get any specifics out of these folks

Sounds like a hard-line opinion.  If no facts can be found, then there isn't
much you are going to do to convince them otherwise.  Why bother trying?  I
have not found more compiler bugs in /free code than I have in fixed-format
code.

>2.  Has any shop whole-heartedly embraced using RPG Free?
>    If so, how large was the hill you had to climb?

We can't use this for production because we support back-level customers.  I
use it all the time for internal tools.  The "hill" is an anthill.  Please
do not take offence when I say that no flavour of RPG is rocket science.
S/36 RPG II was perhaps the most difficult version in my opinion.
Subsequent changes have made it considerably easier to use.  I have been
programming in RPG since 1978, so I think I have a fair handle on that
estimate.

The bottom line is that you can do more stuff with a more powerful language.
On the other hand, more power means that I have to learn a little something
more.  /free "looks" different but it is not a significant change to the
language; not like pointers were.

Just one fellow's opinion,
  --buck