The learning curve kept me back for awhile too, but after
you get past that, plus get used to the extra "format" line
above the "real print" line, it seems better to me for
designing new print programs than doing O-specs. It's
certainly a lot more like the end-result printed page than
O-specs. I go into the source afterwards a lot, as some
things are easier that way, but in the print file.

For controlling sapcing, this is the big gap for using the
printfiles. I simulated it once or twice by setting up a
blank space record. (I know, I know, quit laughing) But if
you're practiced in the O-specs, oldtimer, big deal.

One place print files have it ahead of O-specs is designing
a whole page, or a section. You get to specify your line
number, like a display file.

In fact, once or twice I used SDA, saved the source, made
some changes to it, changed the source type to PRTF, and
voila!

- Alan