Buck, Justin,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the scenario you (buck) describe, would be
more complicated than need be, if the client and the server were on the
same box, because wouldn't it be quicker and easier to just write a
procedure or external call to retrieve the quantity?

Plus, if i remember correctly, aren't there data queue hooks for other
platforms (windows, *nix, java, etc.) that were being pushed for the
classic client/server model?

rick