Got this reply after posting the problem on this forum

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich Duzenbury [mailto:rduz@westernmidrange.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 1:33 PM
To: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: C-pgm won't source debug

It's a bug.  I ran across it not long ago.  We don't have it solved yet,
here are the particulars from the system administrator:

"IBM gave me an answer to the problem with debugging C and C++ programs.
The problem is when you debug a C program it does not show the source. The
APAR is SE07226 they do have a work around for the problem. It is to remove
PTF SI04866 for product 5722SS1 Now the bad news I have that PTF applied
Permanently, so I can not remove it easily. But it now looks like they have
PTF's for the problem, they are SE06519 and SE06520 I have ordered them
both, they have to be mailed. I look to have them 12/11/02."

At 06:20 PM 12/10/02, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I have a C program that was compiled for source debug at v4r4.
>Now that we are at V5R1 I can still debug it OK using STRDBG but if I
>recompile it ( even with DBGVIEW(*ALL) ) I get  the dreaded "Source not
>available" display.
>I can't for the life of me see what I'm doing wrong. I thought that maybe
>the optimization was removing the debug but the default of 10 should be OK.
>What seems strange is that if I recompile it with a TGTRLS of V4R4M0  then
>the source debug feature works OK.
>
>Peter
>at http://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l.

Regards,