All

I am in the process of converting a normal call statement to a callp and
have run into a difficulty with a MODS.
Has anyone got some example code to show how it is done?
If not then I'll have to pass 6 separate parameters instead of the 1 that
works fine now.

MODS definition:

D PolData         DS                  Occurs(6)
D  RenewDate              1      9    INZ(*BLANKS)
D  PolNum                10     17    INZ(*BLANKS)
D  PolName               18     67    INZ(*BLANKS)
D  GrosP                 68     74  2 INZ(*ZEROS)
D  ComPct                75     79  3 INZ(*ZEROS)
D  ComAmt                80     86  2 INZ(*ZEROS)
D  InstYN                87     87    INZ(*BLANKS)
D  NetP                  88     94  2 INZ(*ZEROS)

Original call:

C                   Call      'MR002R'
C                   Parm                    Parm1
C                                                 Parm
Parm2
C                                                 Parm
MODS

New call:

D MR002R          PR                  Extpgm('MR002R')
D  Parm1                         1    Const
D  Parm2                         1    Const
D  PolData                      94

D MR002R          PI
D  Parm1                              Const Like(M4DIR)
D  Parm2                              Const Like(M4AGNT)
D  PolData                      94

C                   Callp     MR002R(M4DIR:M4AGNT:M4EFDT:M4EFFT:
C                                    M4POLN:PolData)

This now treats PolData as a single 94 character field and not a MODS.
I have searched through the IBM manuals but have found nothing to help.
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Regards
Mark

___________________________
Mark Mellish
Analyst Programmer
Fortis Insurance Ltd
Phone   02380 353662
Fax             02380 641146
Email   mark.mellish@fortis.com

This e-mail, including any attachments, contains information
that is private and confidential and solely intended for the
addressee or addressees. If you are not the named or intended
recipient, please inform the sender immediately by reply
transmission and delete this e-mail, including any attachments,
without opening or copying it. In addition, in this event you
are hereby notified that any disclosure, reading, reproduction,
dissemination, distribution or any other use of this e-mail,
including any attachments, is strictly prohibited. No warranty
or guarantee is given with respect to the correct and accurate
transmission of the content as well as with respect to the
timely receipt of a sent e-mail.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known. If
this message contains password-protected attachments, the files
have NOT been scanned for viruses by the Fortis.com mail
domain. Always scan attachments before opening them.