I'll buy that for a dollar...

I'm also a consultant, but  I'm not trolling for clients here...I just came
here for gaining/sharing knowledge...

Vlad apparently didn't realize how prejudiced most of us are TOWARD the
AS/400.  That doesn't mean that we aren't open to other solutions, however.
I, for one, believe that you use the right tool for the job at hand.

I have been using SQL since 1985.  I DO want to learn Java,  I DO want to
learn more about VB,  I DO want to learn more about XML,  I DO want to learn
more about web development, and I am in the process of learning these
things, as time permits.  But I still have to make a living while I spend my
evening hours learning new stuff...

AND I DON'T think you have to throw the AS/400 away in order to utilize
these technologies.

As far as business-oriented systems for application development, the AS/400
is still the _best_ in my book.

And I still suspect that M$ has an AS/400 hidden somewhere doing something
important, regardless of the white paper that they published that indicated
that they got rid of them...

JMHO

Steve Landess
Austin, Texas