QUSRTOOL represents examples of various tools and is provided as is.
QSYSINC represents include files associated with system APIs and is
supported through the normal APAR and PTF processes.  QSYSINC is not "like
old QUSRTOOL stuff".

Bugs are found in QSYSINC (though given the number of includes in QSYSINC
the number of bugs found is quite small), and are fixed following the same
rules used for bug fixes in other parts of OS/400.

I do agree with the suggestion of sometimes copying source members from
QSYSINC into your source for customization.  Due to language considerations
and include file considerations this copy and modify approach is in fact
sometimes used in the sample programs found in the System API Programming
manual (for instance to handle variable length fields).  In other
situations, direct use of the QSYSINC include files is used.

In the specific case of QUSRSPLA it appears that this bug was manually
introduced in the OPM RPG include file for V5R2 after the include file had
been tested.  The bug does not appear to exist in previous releases or in
the other high level language includes.

Bruce

                      qsrvbas@netscape.
                      net (Tom Liotta)         To:       rpg400-l@midrange.com
                      Sent by:                 cc:
                      rpg400-l-admin@mi        Subject:  RE:
QSYSINC/QRPGSRC,QUSRSPLA
                      drange.com

                      12/02/2002 10:16
                      PM
                      Please respond to
                      rpg400-l

By now, I guess you've pretty much realized that these are more like old
QUSRTOOL stuff rather than "real" developers' source members. In general,
these would be copied into your own source files and modified to fit your
environment rather than directly referenced in a compile. Various bugs is
simply one reason for this.