From: Fisher, Don [mailto:Dfisher@roomstoreeast.com]
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 9:50 AM
To: Tracy Ball
Subject: RE: email etiquette (was Dynamic Arrays)

Tracy,
You are obviously well convinced of your opinions regarding etiquette and,
for what it's worth, you are probably correct.  The point regarding research
could have been made in a less harsh manner simply by sending the original
poster to appropriate manuals and books.

That said, I would suggest you tone down the rhetoric a bit.  Stating you
will no longer read messages from someone or calling people "egotistical
idiots" only invites reprisals and resentment, such as others not reading
your messages because of your "holier than thou" attitude.  In addition,
some would say such name calling is unprofessional.

I applaud your convictions but think you should probably present them in a
less insulting manner so as not to contribute to the forum losing its
luster.

Sincerely,
Donald R. Fisher, III
Project Manager
The Roomstore Furniture Company
(804) 784-7600 extension 2124
DFisher@roomstoreeast.com

<clip>
Did you invent this forum?  I don't think so!  If you are in here, then you
are not only representing yourself, but you are also representing Midrange
and the rpg/400 community in general.  Frankly, if I had to wade through a
bunch of egotistical idiots who believe what and how they say things isn't
important, then I would much rather spend hours pouring over books and
websites then give them their own satisfaction of thinking they are all high
and mighty and that the rest of the people are somehow "bothering" them.
<clip>
And last but not least, and this is my point, I won't even read an email
that comes from you any more, and therefore I won't learn anything from it,
and I damn sure don't care where you stand!  Multiply that times however
many there are in here , and the reason this forum is here has just lost
some of its luster.
<clip>