FWIW, I didn't think Scott's post was either arrogant or out of line. A
little abrupt, maybe, but nowhere near the most abrupt I've seen on this
list (Simon, Al -- are you listening? :-).  And personally, I don't mind
abruptness -- a lot of people on this list are very talented, busy
individuals, and I appreciate their taking the time to answer as fully and
completely as they do the questions that come up. In my experience, a lot
of smart, knowledgeable people tend to sound abrupt when they are trying
to explain something that (to them) seems obvious, and IMHO a) they  have
no intention of sounding that way (they're just trying to save time on the
way to getting to the really interesting stuff), and b) it's a small price
to pay for having them take the trouble in the first place. In return, I
think we all owe them the courtesy of doing our homework (i.e. checking
the archives, doing a web search, etc.), and those who don't shouldn't be
surprised if they don't always get a gentle pat on the head.

I'll agree that the world would be a better place if we all tried  harder
to respect other people's feelings, but I have to add that I _also_ think
the world would be a better place if we all developed thicker skins.
Personally, I think that those who didn't like Scott's post, instead of
complaining publicly, should have privately replied to Himanshu with
whatever condolences and suggestions they felt were appropriate.

Just my $.02. . . .

rpg400-l@midrange.com writes:
>This question is too broad..
>
>You didn't ask anything specific, or provide any information about what
>you plan to do with the resulting array.

Mike Naughton
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Judd Wire, Inc.
124 Turnpike Road