Why dont you use OPNQRYF for the range and file equate (OVRDBF) the resultant
file to the RPG program. This way the program can be utilized over and over,
but the selection criteria is handled outside of the program

>>> "Chuck Lewis" <clewis@iquest.net> 10/15/02 02:12PM >>>
Hi Folks,

Tried finding this in the online manuals with no luck. I could have
overlooked it since I am not positive what it would be called (didn't see it
in the Op Codes section of ILE RPG for AS/400 Reference). I need to check
for records matching a range in an RPG program. I have done this in a CL and
also with OPNQRYF but in this case would rather do it in an RPG program.

I am loading a work file with information to create "Bin Labels". A user
requests Bin Labels in a range of Row/Bin/Shelf. Each of these 3 fields is
3A. They will specify a starting and ending number.

For example they request labels for B2E 1A2 F99 to B2E 5B6 F99.

How do I handle this in ILE RPG, i.e. is there a %RANGE expression ?

Thanks in advance !

Chuck