-----Original Message-----
From: JMoore@nycm.com [mailto:JMoore@nycm.com]

Has anyone noticed any strange results with using the %LookUp Built In
Function under V5R1?  I have an  array (defined as ErrorCodes      S
1    Dim(11) Inz Ascend) which I am loading with various codes for error
reporting purposes.  If the array is empty no errors were found on the
input record, and I want to process that record.
I originally used the following logic to determine if the ErrorCodes array
was empty...

If          %LookUpGt(' ':ErrorCodes) > 0
Write       Error
Eval        ErrorCount = ErrorCount + 1
EndIf

I found that sometimes this logic would work and other times it would
not...

I tried changing the code as follows:

Eval        Index = %LookUpGt(' ':ErrorCodes)

If          Index > 0
Write       Error
Eval        ErrorCount = ErrorCount + 1
EndIf

Again, sometimes this worked, sometimes it didn't...

I also tried changing the BIF like so %LookUpGt(' ':ErrorCodes:1:11) to
start the search from the 1st array element through the 11th.  It didn't
solve my problem...

I have even stepped through a debug session and watched the array being
loaded, yet an error report record was never written...  In the first
example I stepped from the If to the EndIf.  In the second example Index
was zero...

Is it just my code or does the %LookUp BIF have a "bug" in it???

Thank you

John Moore