From: Mark A. Manske [mailto:mmanske@minter-weisman.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 5:25 PM
To: RPG400-L (E-mail)
Subject: api/socket solution to talk to a PC

I am out on a limb here - and desperate for a quick study -

Here is the scenario -

On V5R1, ile/rpg running, I want it to talk to a PC Visual basic program
running on the same PC as the 5250 emulation program is -
will have three copies of rpg running, but only one pc will have the VB
program on it,

The VB program will be written by a company to control a switch to turn off
a conveyer
when my RPG program does not say it was a valid/good scan (bad customer
number/order# ect.)
or time out due to reading eye being out of alignment -

my question is this ---

What the heck am I trying to do (api/socket programming or play space
invaders)
and if so, where can I learn how to do this by the end of the week???

I love putting my foot in my mouth before I look up how to do something -

Thanks for the advice and help

Mark A. Manske
Fleming CSD - Plymouth Division
Sr. Project Lead