I know this was talked about before. In the archives I noticed a message:

<quote>
The CPYSPLF solution would not be my recommendation. CPYSPLF will only
work for the plainest of spooled files. Because the CPYSPLF is roughly
the same technique I described using APIs, I'd suggest foregoing the
quick and dirty (not so robust) CPYSPLF method and just go with the APIs
technique.

Regarding the "simple column in the magazine" suggestion - The concept
is simple, but the amount of code would be too large to publish in its
entirety. For what it's worth, I have code from my articles in "The RPG
Source" on the website for the newsletter that does all the API work. I
suppose I could write a short article describing the problem, describing
the solution, and providing the portion to do actual work - capture the
spooled file, update it with total pages, and re-spool it. The question
has been asked enough that perhaps that would be useful to the public.

Votes for or against the article?

Gary Guthrie
REAL Solutions Technical Support
NEWS/400 Technical Editor