Jon / Mike

I saw my mistake of thinking that the "Error was not an Optional parm" but
when I look up info on this API @iSeries Info it said the following on
parms:
Required Parameter Group:

1  Receiver variable  Output  Char(*)
2  Length of receiver variable  Input  Binary(4)  <<<<<<<<<<<  Why is this
different?
3  Format name  Input  Char(8)
4  Qualified job name  Input  Char(26)
5  Internal job identifier  Input  Char(16)
6  Internal spooled file identifier  Input  Char(16)
7  Spooled file name  Input  Char(10)
8  Spooled file number  Input  Binary(4)

 Optional Parameter:

9  Error Code  I/O  Char(*)

Understand code var. length " Inz(%Len(Receiver)) " which allows you to
change length of receiver(good idea). But I not seeing length of receiver
var. field size 10I?

"Length of receiver variable
INPUT; BINARY(4)
The length of the receiver variable. If the length is larger than the size
of the receiver variable, the results are not predictable. The minimum
length is 8 bytes."

Just learning
 Thanks.
Bill Hopkins