From: TomCruise TomCruise [mailto:indian_tomcruise_24@rediffmail.com]

hai

Ours is small team ...i am designing an application for fleet
management services..iam new to AS400 too....

> Welcome to the iSeries

how to start up with configuration of the system and other
terminals to connect to AS400(V3R7)....

> V3R7 is a little old, but should be very serviceable.  You should probably
> upgrade to V5R1 (soon to be V5R2) when you can though.
>
> "other terminals", are these PCs or dumb tubes?  Are the dumb tubes already
> installed, or do you need to install them?  And if you need to install them,
> is the wiring in place, or do you need to run it?

if iam working in group,do i need to create group profile to work
on same application?

> You do not need to, no, but it is a good idea.  It is easiest if you do create
> group profiles, however, then you really only have one profile you have to
> maintain security for, the other users you make part of this group.  I would
> suggest going that route, but you can also give specific users their own
>rights
> also.  So just because someone wasn't in the group doesn't mean they couldn't
> run the application.

what r the other things i have to take care when working in
group??

> The main thing is security.  The best method is to give no access to anyone
> for anything, then start giving them access to the things they need to do.
> This is much better, IMO, than the practice of giving all users access to
> everything then trying to take away rights.

....how can i club various modules allotted to 3 members of the
team?...

> club? What do you mean club?  You mean like tie together?  The most common
> way would be to have those 3 programs on a menu.  And then give that group
> access to the menu and the programs.  Or were you meaning something else by
> module?

i ve analysed the project....Can anyone specify me correctly how
to proceed first...

Regards,

Jim Langston