We are trying to determine the parameters for OPM RPG program objects that
we do not have source for.  We have forced a dump of the program by
temporarily renaming a file that the program expects to be there, then
calling the program, causing CPF4101, which allows a 'D' response.

The dump shows:

RPG/400 FORMATTED DUMP
NAME     OFFSET  ATTRIBUTES    VALUE
WP0001   01031B  CHAR(3)       '111'
WP0001.P 011BE0  POINTER(SPP)
                 SPACE OFFSET  66331                   '0001031B'X
                 OBJECT        QPADEV0001DBALE     550049
WP0002   01031E  CHAR(3)       '222'
WP0002.P 011BF0  POINTER(SPP)
                 SPACE OFFSET  66334                   '0001031E'X
                 OBJECT        QPADEV0001DBALE     550049
WP0003           NOT ADDRESSABLE
WP0003.P         NOT ADDRESSABLE

Some investigation with other programs that we do have source for seem to
indicate that the '.P' appended to a field name seems to indicate that it is
a program's *ENTRY parameter.  WP0003, as shown here, seems to be a
parameter that had no value passed.  (So, I called the program again with a
3rd parameter value specified, and dump for WP0003 showed similar
information to the first two fields.)  Also, the SPACE OFFSET would seem to
indicate the position of the parameters.

Have I pretty much nailed this?  Are there other considerations?  Again,
this concerns only OPM RPG, although I'm sure RPG-IV dumps have something
similar.

- Dan Bale
(I am *NOT* "Dale"
http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/200105/msg00281.html )