        From:   Bartell, Aaron L. (TC) [SMTP:ALBartell@taylorcorp.com]
        Sent:   Tuesday, July 23, 2002 3:18 PM
        To:     'rpg400-l@midrange.com'
        Subject:        QRCVDTAQ (Receive Data Queue) program

        Hi all,

        I am working on a program that needs to wait for entries to be put
into a
        user defined data queue and process them.  I have read how data
queues work
        but I am confused on some things.  What would I specify for a wait
time if I
        wanted to process a queue entry as soon as it hits the data queue?

        Also, once I have my program done that calls API QRCVDTAQ do I just
submit
        it to batch and let it run?  It seems that it would just loop and
take up a
        lot of processor time??  Or is that where the 'wait time' parm comes
in?

        Here is an example of what I am talking about concerning it just
looping and
        taking up processor time:

             D dqName          s             10    inz('JMDTAQ')
             D dqLib           s             10    inz('QGPL')
             D dqLen           s              5  0 inz(10000)
             D dqData          s          10000
             D dqWait          s              5  0 inz(5)

             D from            S             50
             D to              S             50
             D replyTo         S             50
             D subject         S             50
             D filename        S            100
             D text            S          32767
             D rtnCode         S              3
             D rtnText         S             50

              /FREE
                dow 'something' <> 'somethingelse';
                 exsr $qRcvDtaQ;

                 if dqLen > 0;
                   from = 'heyYou@home.com';
                   to = 'snoopy@loopy.com';
                   replyTo = 'bartell@homeless.com';
                   subject = 'JavaMail from Aaron Bartell';
                   text = 'This is the body of the email';
                   exsr javaMail;
                 endif;
                enddo;

               *inlr = *on;
              /END-FREE
             C     $qRcvDtaQ     begsr
             C                   call      'QRCVDTAQ'
             C                   parm                    dqName
             C                   parm                    dqLib
             C                   parm                    dqLen
             C                   parm                    dqData
             C                   parm                    dqWait
             C                   endsr
             C     javaMail      begsr
             C                   call      'JAVAMAIL'
             C                   parm                    from
             C                   parm                    to
             C                   parm                    replyTo
             C                   parm                    subject
             C                   parm                    text
             C                   parm                    filename
             C                   PARM                    rtnCode
             C                   PARM                    rtnText
             C                   endsr

        Thanks in advance,
        Aaron Bartell