From: Mangavalli, Ramanujam [mailto:RamM@Mvmills.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 12:58 PM
To: 'rpg400-l@midrange.com'
Subject: RE: Debug Mode.

Assume that the users can set their WHERE and ORDER BY dynamically at run
time. And at a given time, they complain that the system is slow. I would
like to look at the SQL statement that was built by the program based on
user input. If I could dump that SQL statement into the job log, I can try
and see why certain indexes are missed/omitted by the optimizer, see if I
can give the user's an easier way to filter/sort, look at response times..
and other performance issues. If there was some way to get this info. Only
when the debug mode is on, then all I need to do is to just start a service
job and then issue the STRDBG command.