Hai Larry, Buck, James

Thanks for that excellent piece of advice. I really appretiate it. I was
able to get the program running. Thanks especially for the code snippet,
Larry. That helped me a lot. I had been declaring the file as externally
described.

I have some doubts
1) Am I right in saying that program creates a temporary program described
table where the values from the pf is loaded and used during the execution
of the program.
2) Does the Table file have ant relation to the create Table in SQL/400.
I was not able to declare the file directly in the Table in the d spec.
3) I am getting an error when I run the program with packed decimal fields I
am getting junk during the transformation i.e from the File to the Table
resulting in a decimal data error.
  I am not getting any error if I change the fields as char.
Also no error if I don't put any values in the pf.
I am including the code that I had tried out. So that you can get the
correct picture.

The program

FPF1       IT   F   10        DISK
FPF5       CT   F   10        DISK
DARE              S              9P 0 DIM(1)
D                                     FROMFILE(PF1)
D                                     TOFILE(PF5)
C     ARE(1)        DSPLY
C                   EVAL      *INLR = *ON

The PF
                R PF
                  FLD1           9P 0
                K FLD1