Peter Colpaert wrote:

> I am having a very weird problem in one of my programs, when using the
> QMHSNDPM API.

> When I use the normal call, the message is displayed on the screen, but
> when I use the prototyped CALLP, it only shows in the joblog.

Peter, I see the same results for both the calls (msg goes to the joblog
only, what I would expect for a *INFO message sent to stack offset 0).

To get the message to flash on the bottom of the screen, you have to
send a message of type *STATUS to pgmq *EXT.

To get it to stay there (assuming your program is the one called from
the command line), you have to send the message to the caller of your
program.  For OPM programs, this means a stack offset of 1.  For ILE
programs, a stack offset of 2.

By the way, when developing programs using APIs, I find it saves a lot
of time to set the first subfield of the API error-code parm to zero, so
that any errors will cause the program to crash, leaving the API error
message in the joblog.  Once you have it working, change it back to a
non-zero value and add whatever logic you need to check the error code
after you call the API.  Although if you don't expect to get errors
ever, it might be better to leave it as 0 even in production, so you'll
have some record (joblog) if something ever does go wrong.

Barbara