Just wondering here, is there a performance cost to loading (calling) a
program WITH debug view source imbedded in the object?

If not, for the most part, you're right Joel.

But, I have in the past 'optimized' all program objects on a system when it
was reaching the upper 90% of dasd usage, and saved quite a bit of space.

Rick