From: rpg400-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:rpg400-l-admin@midrange.com]On
Behalf Of Graves, Chuck
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2002 1:00 PM
To: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Subject: Anyone seen this? Building a QRYSLT statement

Has anyone seen this?

**************************
THIS CODE SNIPPET:
**************************

        DCL        VAR(&AND) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(4) VALUE('*AND') +
                     /* QRYSLT string connector (*AND) */

   CHGVAR  VAR(&QRYSLT) VALUE('SBCRED *EQ "C" +
           *AND SBSKU *NE "*" *AND SBSQTY *NE 0 +
           *AND SBPRIC *NE 0 *AND SBSTAT *NE +
           "DELETED" *AND SASTAT *EQ "CLOSED"')

   CHGVAR     VAR(&QRYSLT) VALUE(&QRYSLT *BCAT &AND *BCAT +
                ('SADATE *EQ %CURDATE '))

   CHGVAR     VAR(&QRYSLT) VALUE(&QRYSLT *BCAT &AND *BCAT +
                &SASTOR)

   CHGVAR     VAR(&QRYSLT) VALUE(&QRYSLT *BCAT '"' *CAT +
                &WHSE *CAT '"')

***************************
GETS TURNED INTO THIS:
***************************

       8000 - OVRDBF FILE(BLOUTAB1) SHARE(*YES)

       9000 - OPNQRYF FILE((BLOUTAB1)) QRYSLT('SBCRED *EQ "C" *AND SBSKU
*NE
       "*" *AND SBSQTY *NE 0 *AND SBPRIC *NE 0 *AND SBSTAT *NE "DELETED"
AND
       SASTAT *EQ "CLOSED"  AND SADATE *EQ %CURDATE  AND SASTOR *EQ
"02"')
       KEYFLD((SASTOR) (SBCREA) (SBSKU) (SBSKUX))

PRODUCING THIS:

     Missing operator in expression on QRYSLT parameter.

     Error occurred during processing of command.

Note the missing "*" on the last two " AND" statements

THIS WORKED IN CL, but not in CLLE

V5r1 w/database group ptfs, and latest CUM (probably the 2nd latest CUM)