Ramanujam,

>1). How do I implement more than 10 breaks? If I remember correctly, I could
>only use L0-L9 or L1-L9 indicators. Cannot remember properly.

L0 is not a "real" level break.  It is always on throughout the life of every
RPG program (cycle or not) and its only purpose in life is to enable "total
time" calculations during cycles where there is no other level break

Using it probably crosses the line into realm where the cycle is not a good fit
for the problem at hand.  So that leaves L1-L9, or nine breaks.

In over 20 years, I have yet to hit a program which required more than nine
level breaks, and I have seen many hundreds of cycle programs during that time.
So I'd consider it rare enough to not be a legitimate reason to avoid using the
cycle when the shoe does fit.  Maybe I've just led a sheltered life and having
more than 9 level break requirements is common.

>2). Within each break, I need an additional break. For example, let us say I
>need a Unit Of Measure break within say a  product level break.

Two options.  If you only need it to break when *either* the product or unit of
measure changes, just add an I spec with the UM field and repeat the same Lx
indicator you have on the Product field.  Now a break will occur when either (or
both) changes, but you can't have both UM subtotoals and Product subtotals.

If another level of totals is needed, then you just insert the I spec and change
the (very) few lines which name the respective Lx indicators.  They are all
localized to one very short section of code, and *none* of the Lx indicators
appear *anywhere* else in the program.  So you just add the I spec, modify a
couple of Lx numbers, and insert subroutines for the new break level.

Still trivial and the whole things takes under 30 seconds not counting the time
it takes to write the subroutines themselves -- which you'd have even if DIY
code.

Doug