From: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Date: Wednesday, May 22, 2002 08:38:03
To: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: Difference bet. Primary and Full procedural file.

Dan,

I take it the key phrase here is "fr those who know how to use it".

I for one try to avoid cycle processing as the plague. As do most of the
RPG programmers I know.

Peter

"Dan Bale" <dbale@samsa.com&gt;@midrange.com on 22/05/2002 14:17:47
Please respond to rpg400-l@midrange.com
Sent by: rpg400-l-admin@midrange.com

To: <rpg400-l@midrange.com>

cc:

There *are* other reasons, Mike. <g>

Level break processing, which is available only for primary file processing
(i.e., using the RPG cycle), can be a godsend for those who know how to use
it. While it is possible to write the code to do this (my favorite:
JDEdwards S002 subroutine!), RPG's internal level break processing can save
a lot of coding and mistakes.

- Dan Bale
(I am *NOT* "Dale"
http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/200105/msg00281.html )