Joe,

If you mean: a user closes a session without signing off? You cannot do
this in the programme itself.

A solution might be to track the joblog of that particular jobs. There is a
Control Job Log API that can change the output to a file in any (secured)
library. Monitor for new files in that library and send a message to
QSYSOPR. Of course this is all after the fact.

Perhaps exit points on workstations, if they exist, can do a similar thing
you like to accomplish.

Regards,
Carel Teijgeler.