Gary,

In our case we do have standards. We start with a public
standard whenever possible -- that is why I pointed you to
the w3c usability page, which is filled with various user
interface guidelines. We also use a combination of Sun,
and the Apache Software Foundation's Java standards,
and an RPG standard that was published by News a few
years. We only added exceptions and some high level
stuff like where to go to get the standard.

Another reason is that we do not need standards for some
of the stuff you mentioned is that we built that into programs.
Field names in files are built using one and three character
that we store in a repository, which also stores file definitions.
HTML must be valid XHTML. CSS must pass the w3c
validation routine. You can go out and pull that yourself.

David Morris

>>> garyguthrie@charter.net 04/17/02 10:39AM >>>
I don't know if I'm supposed to laugh or cry...

Gary