Jon,
Yes, I too noticed that this had changed at about V4R1 so I had to shelve
any ideas I had along this line.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Paris [mailto:Jon.Paris@Partner400.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 16, 2002 1:10 PM
To: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Subject: STDIN, STDOUT, STDERR in RPG

 >> but the challenge is to prove that this can be achieved effectively on
OS/400 since the analogous facility to override stdout appears to be ignored
when the QtmhWrStout Api is used to generate stdout.

Maybe I missed it, but I wish I'd known earlier that that was what you were
trying to do.  For some reason the QtmhWrStout Api does not allow an
override.  This is something that changed in ? (V4R1?) - prior to that you
could override but for some reason (efficiency?) it is no longer supported.
I found this out after I contacted Rochester for help after struggling to
get the overrides working to help me debug some problems I was having with a
CGI program.  The response came from the developer of the API so I believe
it to be a definitive answer.

Jon Paris
Partner400

This communication is confidential and may be legally privileged. If it is not
addressed to you, you are on notice of its status. Please immediately contact
us at our cost and destroy it. Please do not use, disclose, copy, distribute or
retain any of it without our authority - to do so could be a breach of
confidence. Thank you for your co-operation. If you need assistance, please
contact Baycorp Advantage on either :-
Australia 133124 or New Zealand +64 9 356 5800

All personnel email addresses must be in the format
'firstname.lastname@baycorpadvantage.com'.

* Old Baycorp email addresses will cease to exist after June 1st 2002 *