You ought to remove the subscript altogether if you want to search the
table starting at the beginning every time.

"When LOOKUP is processed on an array and an index is used, the LOOKUP
begins with the element specified by the index. The index value is set to
the
position number of the element located."

So, if your last lookup set the value of X = 20, it will start the lookup
at 20 and ignore 1-19.

Bob

Bob Slaney/Atlanta/IBM@IBMUS (Lotus Notes)
Internet id: rjslaney@us.ibm.com
VM id: DALVM1.RJSLANEY@VM

Tieline  445-7374 Direct (770)835-7374
FAX tie 445-7232 Direct (770)835-7232
IBM Learning Services
iSeries Courseware Developer
IBM Corp.
3200 Windy Hill Road
Atlanta, GA 30339
Internal Zip WG08C

                      "Ann E. Gerling"
                      <agerling@nemonet        To:       <rpg400-l@midrange.com>
                      .com>                    cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: Array question
                      rpg400-l-admin@mi
                      drange.com

                      04/04/2002 10:55
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      rpg400-l

Try resetting your index (x) before your lookup operation.  This is to make
sure you are always starting at the beginning of the array.

EVAL X = 1