I’m getting some confusing results when I display a DS in debug.

I have a multiple occurrence data structure defined in a service program as
follows:

DName+++++++++++ETDsFrom+++To/L+++IDc.Keywords+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
D FIDServer       DS                  OCCURS(MAXFIDS)
D   FIDSrvKeyOK                  1N
D   FIDSrvCondOK                 1N
D   FIDSrvODPDSPos...
D                               10I 0
D   FIDSrvKeyDtaLen...
D                                5I 0
D   FIDSrvKeyDta                      LIKE(tRecFmtBuf)

When I set a breakpoint and display the data structure it shows me the two
N-Indicator fields

(FIDSrvKeyOK and FIDSrvCondOK) twice.  What is the ‘ I’ added to the subfield
name?

See the ???? I’ve added to the copy/paste below...

                             Evaluate Expression

Previous debug expressions

> EVAL fidserver
  FIDSRVKEYOK I OF FIDSERVER = '1'    ????
  FIDSRVCONDOK I OF FIDSERVER = '1'   ????
  FIDSRVKEYOK OF FIDSERVER = '1'      ????
  FIDSRVCONDOK OF FIDSERVER = '1'     ????
  FIDSRVODPDSPOS OF FIDSERVER = 8
  FIDSRVKEYDTALEN OF FIDSERVER = 7
  FIDSRVKEYDTA OF FIDSERVER =
            ....5...10...15...20...25...30...35...40...45...50...55...60
       1   '±                                                       '
      61   '                                                            '
     121   '                                                            '
     181   '                                                            '
     241   '                                                            '
     421   '                                                            '
     481   '                                                            '
     541   '                                                            '
     601   '                                                            '
     661   '                                                            '
     721   '                                                            '
     781   '                                                            '
     841   '                                                            '
     901   '                                                            '
     961   '                                                            '
    1021   '                                                            '
    1081   '                                                            '
    1141   '                                                            '
    1201   '                                                            '
    1261   '                                                            '
    1321   '                                                            '
    1381   '                                                            '
    1441   '                                                            '
    1501   '                                                            '
    1561   '                                                            '
    1621   '                                                            '
    1681   '                                                            '
    1741   '                                                            '
    1801   '                                                            '
    1861   '                                                            '
    1921   '                                                            '
    1981   '                                                            '
    2041   '        '

Although in this sample they agree, the values don’t always agree between:

‘FIDSRVKEYOK I’ and ‘FIDSRVKEYOK’
   and
‘FIDSRVCONDOK I’ and ‘FIDSRVCONDOK’

Regards,
Jerry Jewel

jerryjewel@email.com
"Better living through fine code and hot coffee!"

Sign-up for your own FREE Personalized E-mail at Email.com
http://www.email.com/?sr=signup