Hello Kylea

I have not been programming for a while but I am familiar
with SFLNXTCHG and editing for errors.

I am making an assumption that the code selected after F4 is
pressed is being updated via an update to S01 triggering a changed record.(yes?)

I am assuming that after this function is performed you are then doing
another edit via READC on S01 to perform some validity checking.
My understanding of SFLNXTCHG is that you turn on the option indicator
associated with this keyword then update the subfile record in error and
subsequently turn off the option indicator for SFLNXTCHG ...readc more data...
then process the records that pass the edit check.

I would consider writing the records in error to a second subfile.  If the
subfile
record is in error write it to a second subfile E01 do any file updates for the
clean (really spotless ) records and clear S01 .
You could then check for an error flag or  ERRN >0 and display all the error
records. After the user makes corrections or deletions write the clean spotless
subfile records to whatever database and clear E01.

This may be too much code ....but thats my 2 cents worth.

Regards,
Clare