Then what do they do with the $ from 57##-ST1?

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin

                    "Jon Paris"
                    <Jon.Paris@Partne       To:     <rpg400-l@midrange.com>
                    r400.com>               cc:
                    Sent by:                Fax to:
                    rpg400-l-admin@mi       Subject:     More SQL precompiler
                    drange.com

                    03/23/2002 02:36
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    rpg400-l

 >> If the RPG team is making some change or improvement, there must be
SOME
way for Rochester to find out about it before we do.  It's nice that they
are willing to listen to their customers

What makes you think they don't??

Proposed enhancements to RPG are notified to Rochester's DCG (Design
Control
Group) as are proposed enhancements to SQL.  Each group is also responsible
for ensuring that they identify "affected products".  However, each group
is
also able to determine whether they will go ahead with an enhancement even
if the other group cannot accommodate it.  For some years now the SQL group
have not considered RPG to be important enough to warrant them using scarce
dollars on keeping up with the changes in RPG.  It is as simple as that.

Jon Paris
Partner400