For the records it doesn't write normally, it writes them in Debug.
Basically, I have a record, let's say it's record 123.  I make a table
change to 123, and it flows through my process.  However, my record doesn't
write to my file.  Now, I put my process in debug.  Again I make a change
to 123.  When I break at the write and F10 through it, the record now
appears in my file.  Now let's say that I enddbg and make a change to
record 456.  It flows through my process and writes to my file.  This is
not dependant on debug.  It will happen this way before or after I
start/stop debug.

                    dmosley@dancik.co
                    m                       To:     rpg400-l@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                cc:
                    rpg400-l-admin@mi       Subject:     RE: RPG ILE Write
                    drange.com

                    03/18/2002 10:52
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    rpg400-l

While you're in Debug, can you see your program skipping the WRITE
statement.

David L. Mosley, Jr.
Systems Analyst
2000 CentreGreen Way
Suite 250
Cary, NC 27513

                    "Andrew Goade"
                    <agoade@hubgroup.        To:     rpg400-l@midrange.com
                    com>                     cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     RE: RPG ILE Write
                    rpg400-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    03/18/02 11:45 AM
                    Please respond to
                    rpg400-l

It's not exactly a trigger program, although it works like one.  We journal
our files and have a process that reads through the journal and calls
programs based on what files have changed.  We have stopped and started the
program that does the journal processing many times since re-compiling.

                    dmosley@dancik.co
                    m                       To:     rpg400-l@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                cc:
                    rpg400-l-admin@mi       Subject:     RE: RPG ILE Write
                    drange.com

                    03/18/2002 10:41
                    AM
                    Please respond to
                    rpg400-l

This is true.  I've found that I need to remove the trigger before
re-compiling properly.

David L. Mosley, Jr.
Systems Analyst
2000 CentreGreen Way
Suite 250
Cary, NC 27513

                    "Fisher, Don"
                    <Dfisher@roomstor        To:
"'rpg400-l@midrange.com'" <rpg400-l@midrange.com>
                    eeast.com>               cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:     RE: RPG ILE Write
                    rpg400-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    03/18/02 11:27 AM
                    Please respond to
                    rpg400-l

Using FEOD should work, unless the trigger program does not close all files
until the job ends and you compiled the program while the job was running.
In this case, the job will continue to use the old version of the program
stored in QRPLOBJ.

Failing that, maybe the record isbeing written to a file in a different
library.

Donald R. Fisher, III
Project Manager
The Roomstore Furniture Company
(804) 784-7600 ext. 2124
DFisher@roomstoreeast.com

<clip>
We have tried using FEOD, changing the database to force write
of record 1, and changing activation groups.  None of these work.
<clip>