From: David Gibbs [mailto:dgibbs@mks.com]
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 9:15 AM
To: 'RPG400 List'
Subject: Cyclical reference in service programs?

Folks:

I've got a bit of a quandary ... and I'm not sure how to resolve it.

I've got 3 service programs that are part of a system ...

SVCPGM-A
SVCPGM-B1
SVCPGM-B2

Most of the code in SVCPGM-A takes a bit of data and decides to call a
routine that's in either SVCPGM-B1 or SVCPGM-B2.

SVCPGM-A also has generic routines that are called by both SVCPGM-B1 and
SVCPGM-B2.

Problem is: I have routines in SVCPGM-B1 and SVCPGM-B2 that want to call the
generic routines in SVCPGM-A.  Unfortunately, I can't get any of the service
programs to compile first because the routines they are calling don't exist
in the other service programs yet.

So, I can't compile SVCPGM-B1 because it calls routines in SVCPGM-A (which
hasn't been created yet), and I can't compile SVCPGM-A, because it calls
routines in SVCPGM-B1.

Any idea how I can resolve this problem?

Thanks!

david

--
David Gibbs