I love Code/400.  However one of the gripes I have about it is the fact
that in can indent fixed format code and show you that.  But it cannot
indent free format code.  The developers on the code400 list are very
receptive to many changes however they don't seem to grasp why you would
want that one.  I even pointed out that RPGAlive can get SEU to do this.
You'd think they'd want to keep up with their competitors.
http://www.rpgalive.com/

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin

                    "Bartell, Aaron
                    L. (TC)"                To:     "'rpg400-l@midrange.com'"
<rpg400-l@midrange.com>
                    <ALBartell@taylor       cc:
                    corp.com>               Fax to:
                    Sent by:                Subject:     RE: RPG /free
                    rpg400-l-admin@mi
                    drange.com

                    03/14/2002 12:20
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    rpg400-l

>Long 80 column+ statements are a sign of a Visual Basic programming. <g>
(No offense.)

He he:-)  Well I am not a VB programmer, but if that is how they code then
might like them (J/K).

Bob, the nice thing that /free lets us do is do indented nested statements.
A lot of code out there will be nested 3 or 4 levels deep which would leave
me next to nothing to do an eval operation trying to concatenate a couple
of
variables together.

For instance:

If a = b
  dow *in90
     if java = 'slow'
       select
       when slow = 'reallyslow'
           eval Variable = %trim(%char(Custno) + ':' + %trim(CustFName) +
%trim(CustLName)
       endsl
     endif
  enddo
EndIf

In the above example it is easier to read on one line (IMO) than to have it
span multiple lines.

Aaron Bartell