I haven't tried this... but can you use the "convert image" API
(QIMGCVTI) to convert the TIFF to an AFP document, then create a page
segment from it, then simply include it in a print file?

You could use host print transform to make it print on your HP laser
printer.

The QIMGCVTI API appears to allow input from TIFF, as well as BMP, GIF and
postscript files...

Or... If you didn't want to use a page segment, you could probably print
it directly using the API...

For info on this API, see this link:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/pubs/html/as400/v4r5/ic2924/info/apis/QIMGCVTI.htm

Not sure what you mean by "how do I access" the TIFFs.  The answer could
be "by providing the path in the IFS to the QCVTIMGI API".  Or it could
be something else, depending on what you're planning to do with them when
you access them...