On 1 Mar 2002 at 8:56, Jon Paris wrote:

> Hey you shouldn't believe everything you read in books, even the venerable
> Mr. Cozzi can occasionally be less than 100% correct <g>

I always believe Mr. Cozzi. Absolutely, positively 100% of the time.  And,
because of
his ability to walk on water, I someday intend to ask him to retrieve some golf
balls I
have lost....<g>

> An AG is simply a subdivision of a job used to scope storage and resources
> such as ODPs etc.  There are some differences between the default AG and a
> named or *New AG the main one being that an OPM program can run _only_ in
> the default AG.  ILE programs can run in either.  ILE programs can be run in
> the default quite safely but you need to know more about ILE to not use it
> than you do to use it if you see what I mean.  Running ILE in the default
> can result in some strange behaviors and it is far simpler and safer to
> simply run your ILE stuff in named (or *New) AGs.  I suggest you try reading
> the ILE introductory piece in the RPG Redbook ("Who knew you could ...") and
> then move on to the ILE Concepts manual.  There have also been a number of
> threads in this group - check the archives and you'll probably find more
> than you ever wanted to know <grin>

OH!  Now I have to re-read the redbook.  The stuff I didn't get before is
starting to
click.

Thanks Jon!  My headache is starting to go away now!

--Chris