Chris,

thanks for the reply.

question:  is QILE the "default activation group"?  or is it a named
activation group?

most of ILE remains a mystery to me, because I just haven't forced myself
to figure it out.  I know how to get them to compile, but I don't know what
it all means yet.

I'll get there eventually.

thanks again,

rick