John,

I know exactly what you are talking about and I too would like to see
qualified procedure names.  This would allow a sort of object oriented
approach to creating service programs.  I could have a service program named
Invoice and another called BillOfLading, they both could have a procedure
called Print.  I would much prefer this rather than having to name each
procedure something like InvoicePrint.  Unable to have qualified procedure
names really disappointed me when I first started creating service programs.
I believe the reason you don't see may complaining about this is there
aren't that many people using service programs and procedures like they
really should be.  I think procedures and service programs are one of the
greatest features added but it is very difficult to convince the typical RPG
programmer of how great they are.

Scott Mildenberger