>> LF1    key   FLDA    Select only   field CODE = 'C'
>> LF2   key   FLDA    Select only   fleld  CODE = 'O'
>> LF3  key   FLDA    select  only  field  CODE = 'D'
>>
>> instead of
>>
>> LFx  key   CODE, FLDA    (in RPG reading Equal on keylist)

>...But, what if the file (LF) had to be in FLDA sequence?
>Capt.j

Capt j,

<chuckle>   Think about it.  If you use LF1 the only records you are going
to get is those with CODE = 'C' and those would be in FLDA order.

Now with LFx   keys   CODE, FLDA...

Now I could have a keylist like

     EVAL   CODE  = 'C'
CODE      Setll     LFx
CODE Reade     LFx

I will get the SAME results.  Only CODE 'C's  in FLDA order !!
But then using THE SAME LFx  I could

     EVAL   CODE  = 'O'
CODE Setll     LFx
CODE Reade     LFx