Jade said:
>Now, after I'm done manipulating the date,
>I need to move it to a database field that
>is defined as packed 8,0.  I keep getting the
>compile error 'The types of the right and left
>hand side do not match in the EVAL operation'.
>What's the trick?

Well, EVAL is not like MOVE - it doesn't do type conversions.  I'd recommend
writing a procedure that converts a numeric into a date and vice-versa.
Then your code would look like:
DISKDATE = date2Decimal(ISODate)

You could use MOVE within the procedure to do the conversion.  You could
also use %char, depending on the version of OS400 you're on.  The reference
manual has good material on this subject - look for "Moving Date-Time Data."
  --buck