Hi,

I am having some trouble using the CEERAN0 API for generating random
numbers.

The problem is that I do get back some random numbers, but every time I run
the program, it's the same 'random' numbers that are generated.

Maybe I'm just overlooking some trivial thing, but here's (part of) the
code.  I want to generate 3 random numbers between 1 and 6, and use them to
set on 3 indicators between 11-16, 21-26 and 31-36.

D  S              S              2s 0
d  indic          s              2s 0
 *
D  C0SEED         S              5I 0 Inz(0)
d  C0RNDNBR       S              8F

c                   movea     '000000'      *in(11)
c                   movea     '000000'      *in(21)
c                   movea     '000000'      *in(31)
 *
C                   DOU       S >= 1 and s < 7
C                   CALLB     'CEERAN0'
C                   PARM                    C0SEED
C                   PARM                    C0RNDNBR
C                   PARM                    *OMIT
C                   EVAL      S = %DECH(C0RNDNBR:30:29) * 7
C                   ENDDO
 *
c                   eval      indic = 10  + s
c                   eval      *in(indic) = *on
 *
C                   DOU       S >= 1 and s < 7
C                   CALLB     'CEERAN0'
C                   PARM                    C0SEED
C                   PARM                    C0RNDNBR
C                   PARM                    *OMIT
C                   ENDDO
 *
c                   eval      indic = 20  + s
c                   eval      *in(indic) = *on
 *
C                   DOU       S >= 1 and s < 7
C                   CALLB     'CEERAN0'
C                   PARM                    C0SEED
C                   PARM                    C0RNDNBR
C                   PARM                    *OMIT
C                   EVAL      S = %DECH(C0RNDNBR:30:29) * 7
C                   ENDDO
 *
c                   eval      indic = 30  + s
c                   eval      *in(indic) = *on

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Peter Colpaert
Application Developer
Honda Europe NV
Program documentation is like sex: when it is good, it is very, very good; and
when it is bad, it is better than nothing.