Kathie,

Your printer is defined as an *SCS which does not support overlays. The
printer has to be defined as *IPDS or *AFPDS. You will need to get an IPDS
card for the HP printer.

I know this will work with a directly attached printer. I do not know if
this will work on a network printer.

Hope this is a start for you.

Doug Cosgrove
Sr Programmer/Analyst
AAO-HNSF
703-519-1548 Direct Dial
703-683-5100 Fax
E-mail: dcosgrove@entnet.org
Website: http://www.entnet.org

>Hello to all. Thanks you ever so much in advance for any help you can
provide. We currently fax Sales Order >Acknowledgements using an overlay
for the form. We copied the overlay to another one, and put it in the RPG.
We >want to be able to print this acknowledgement. I am having such a hard
time with it. The spoolfile faxed >acknowledgement is overridden to a
device type of *SCS. We tried *SCS, *IPDS, *AFPDS.... to no avail. Printer
>just hangs ... nothing will print. I searched the archives, but did not
find anything for the Hewlett Packard >Printer attached to the 400 through
the network.