Here's a question: in good old RPG III, I often used the technique of
calling a program repeatedly without setting on LR.  I usually had a control
program that, at the end of its processing, then called each of the
subprograms and told them to shut down.  Each subprogram then seton LR and
ended.

This was excellent for performance, and at the same time cleaned up the
subprograms between calls to the control program.

In my move to RPG ILE, I'm wondering how to handle this.  I'd like to change
the called programs to bound calls (CALLB), and then bind them all in.  If I
do a CALLB to a program, what are the effects of *INLR?

1. If the called program does not set on LR, I assume that subsequent calls
do not go through the initialization, just like in the old OPM CALL
situation.

2. If the calling program sets on LR and then ends, does this in effect set
LR on in all the called programs, clearing them from the PAG?  That is, the
next time I call the control program and it in turn does a CALLB to the
subprogram, does the subprogram go through initialization again?

3. If I set on LR in a called program and it returns, does that in effect
set on LR in the calling program?

Just wondering.  I'm going to do some tests to confirm all the above, but I
wondered if anyone else had run into this and could provide some insight.

Joe