If you are running a system higher than V2R3 you may want to try accessing
the file QSYS/QADBIFLD or it's dependent files:
Dependent File         Library
    QADBIATR           QSYS
    QADBILFI           QSYS
    QADBILLB           QSYS
    QADBIUDT           QSYS

Field positions and all are in this file.  The system automatically updates
this when you create/edit a file layout.  Might as well use it.

Object size on our system
QADBIFLD    2,064,404,480
QADBIATR      210,784,256
QADBILFI      195,055,616
QADBILLB      125,870,080
QADBIUDT       98,611,200
Total       2,694,725,632

(And this doesn't count the library dependent logicals created when you run
the sql command CREATE COLLECTION.)

But what's almost 3gb nowadays?

Rob Berendt
Benjamin Franklin

                    "Rajiniganth Manickannan"
                    <rajiniganth.manickannan@       To:
<rpg400-l@midrange.com>
                    wipro.com>                      cc:
                    Sent by:                        Fax to:
                    rpg400-l-admin@midrange.c       Subject:     Can anyone
tell me the API - that can fetch the values from
                    om                               the buffer ?

                    12/26/2001 08:34 AM
                    Please respond to
                    rpg400-l

Hi ,
  I require to dynamically get  the database file field names and then
compare its value with a pre-defined value.

  It requires loading an array with all the file field names and the
positions, using DSPOBJD command output.

  Whenever I read a file, i should get the values based on the file field
positions (obtained from the DSPOBJD command output) and then compare it.
How can i do this?   Is there a way to get the file field value based on
the buffer positions? Is there an API for achieving that?
Thanks in advance..

Thanks + Regards,
Rajiniganth M

Information transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Wipro and/or its
Customers and
is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is
addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or
recipient or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without
proper authority, you are notified that any use or dissemination of this
information in any manner is strictly prohibited. In such cases, please
notify us immediately at mailto:mailadmin@wipro.com and delete this mail
from your records.